Please note that the completion of this application form does not constitute an agreement to lease a property to the applicant. An agreement to lease will be reached when the landlord or his agent has accepted and issued a receipt for the bond and the first weeks rental payment.
"I / we authorise any person or company to provide you with such information as you may require in response to your credit and / or rental inquiries. I / we further authorise you to furnish any third party details of this application and any subsequent dealings that I / we may have with you as a result of this application being actioned by you."
"I am aware that should I have supplied any false information pertaining to this application then this could result in the immediate termination of my rental contract."
"If my application is successful then I consent to Otago Property Management Limited taking a digital photograph of myself and any other intended occupants / pets that may be intending to reside in the property to be held on their records for identification purposes."
"I agree that if Otago Property Management is unable to contact me then my In Case of Emergency contact details may be used."
"I give permission that if legal documents are required to be served on me that my place of employment may be used for this purpose."
Privacy Act 1993 Statement
For the purposes of this Privacy Act 1993;
- This application collects personal information about you
- This information is required to;
- Assess your eligibility as a tenant
- Collect information that would be provided to a tenant default database or credit bureau if you enter into a tenancy agreement and fail to comply with the terms of that agreement. (A Tenant default database records the names of persons who have been found to breach a Tenancy Agreement or the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 by the Tenancy Tribunal)
- The information in this Tenant application form will, if you enter into a Tenancy Agreement with us, be held on a database and used by us and by the owner of the rented property.
- Failure to provide any of the information requested may mean you will not be considered as a tenant for any of the properties within the Privacy Act.
- You are entitled to access and correct this information that is held about you.